Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Other People's Cats/ Adventures in Shelving: Closing

As I've said (and proven) in the past, oftentimes I'd rather hang out with the feline species even more than with my own. Who can resist their smug little grumpy faces? Not me. Did you know that dogs can sniff out cancer in people? Maybe cats can too, but they probably don't care enough to tell anyone. They just want to sleep and purr things. Anyway, I hung out with some cats in Eagle Rock this week. Or, I tried to...


She was friendly.





One of her kittens, on the other hand, was not. This is as close as he would let me get.


On a side note, I want to live in Eagle Rock.


I'm going to try to write a closing edition of "Adventures in Shelving" at least once a week. This is why -> I tend to find the best things while closing up the library. Lots of patrons leave stuff for library workers to clean up. The important things go to the lost and found. The little random bits go to one of two places: 1) the trash can or 2) MEEEE!!!!

Zum beispiel:

See that green cat up there? You know, the one being attacked by flowers at night? While his balloon friends try to pull him encouragingly by the ear to the safety of his house with no windows? He belongs to me now.



And this guy...

is literally flying.....on drugs. Look at his red, dilated pupil...chasing a hallucinated butterfly while the flower does some strange wiggly dance, and the apple tree king with his beady apple eyes and rosy apple cheeks watches intently with his crown made of cumulonimbi.


Gems like these drawings make it so much easier to get through that last hour of closing. It's a tie between unwanted scribbles and the announcement at 8:30/5:30 (depending on the day).

mehr kommt mehr kommt...

No comments: