Thursday, July 9, 2009

Disillusionment

The long story is this:
I thought maybe I should add some more practical components to my repertoire of employable skills, but finally realized bookkeeping is as far as I would like to go in the finance department.

The short story is this:
Accounting sucks!


I'm pretty sure I can't finish this accounting program in time. I'm trying my best, but I just don't care anymore. The fact that it's all online doesn't help. At least I already have an accounting certification. For what it's worth.

So yes, I've come running back to my comfort zone of Humanities and Arts. Maybe I'll just learn five more languages and fulfill my dreams of working abroad. I'll be an au pair in Spain. Au pairs actually get pretty good benefits, depending on where they work.

Did you know there are au pair agencies in Europe that only hire Filipina/o au pairs specifically? Why is this? Are we easier to exploit because of our preternaturally friendly dispositions? Because I wouldn't take any sass from some seven year old European kid if I were an au pair.

I'd be like, "Hey kid, did you just throw nutella at my face? Are you cussing me out in some language I don't know? Well guess what? I get paid to take care of you. Do you know how much your mom pays me to hang out with you just so she doesn't have to? How do you say 'make me a sandwich' in your language? Geil, now geh y make me ein bocadillo. merci."

Actually sounds like fun. I'll look into it.

No comments: