Thursday, May 7, 2009

Teachers, Instructors, Professors and Other Innocent Bystanders

I. High School

[Junior year: Trigonometry, German, U.S. History, English, Physics, and Art]


[U.S. History teacher, holding a balloon of his own head]


[A.P. Government]


[Caricature exercise, didn't know them]


II. College
[Ceramics teacher from high school. Learned to appreciate classic rock in his class, quote has nothing to do with him. Drawn at PCC]


[Los Angeles literature instructor - don't know why I darkened her face, but all I really remember is her hair anyway]


[Probably a creepy bus guy]


[Afro-American music instructor - not what he looks like, but it represents him perfectly]


[German language instructor - she told good stories from her youth]


[Humanities in Film - he made us watch the Ring over and over and over...]


[Intro to Philosophy - weirdest class ever! He claimed he could see through walls, and that there are people in the world who have been alive for hundreds of years, among other things]


III. University
[R.A.]


[Specialized in colonialism and South African/world history. I didn't really go to her class...]

[T.A. for the professor above. Made a point of remembering my name a year later, even if she rarely saw me in her discussion classes...]

[Specialized in the history of modern China :)]

[Shared world history class with the professor above, specialized in the history of coffee]

[Sexuality in Asian American Film - catchphrase: Mmhm, mmhm, youcansay that, youcansay that, youcansay that...]

[Fellow student/Charlyne Yi look-alike]


[Intro to Moral Philosophy professor. I audited for a day. Called him Carey Elwes]


[British literature professor, funny guy with an English accent who grew up in Africa, shook and slurred through classes due to some sort of disorder]

[Director of German language program, taught German Cuisine as Culture = food = one of my favorite classes]


IV. PCC again

[Guitar instructor. His eyes are always half closed]

1 comment:

Blonde Librarian said...

These make me smile. Thanks for posting these. I can't get over the likeness! How do you do that?? I remember one test you showed me in AP US History where you drew a pic of Mr. Ace in the margin. He commented, but too bad he didn't give you extra credit! Seriously, how often do you get your own surprise portrait? :)