Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Dateup

Everything Is Illuminated was on a shelving truck and I decided to give it a shot. I took it home and read the first page and thought, "Wow, this guy's writing is really pretentious." I decided I didn't want to read it.

Instead, I decided to watch the movie and afterwards thought, "...ohhhhh I get it now." I decided I'd give the book another shot. But I'm still reading Midnight's Children, which really good, but dense. It's taking me the equivalent of checking it out twice, renewing twice, plus overdue time.

Rosetta Stone is awesome. I'm learning Spanish, French, and Mandarin. Mandarin is intimidating. I've wanted to learn Portuguese and Farsi too, but I'll stick to the more practical languages first.

I'm addicted to a Facebook application called GEO CHALLENGE!! As a result, I see the shapes of countries in the smallest of things. My half-eaten sandwich is the shape of Romania, a used up ketchup packet on the street is Tunisia, a misshapen mustache is Nepal, Austria in a piece of uncooked pork, etc. etc. etc.

I've been going out more this month than I have been in about three years. It's exhausting. Especially for someone who gets anxious in big crowds...and smaller, more intimate ones. It's all worth it though.

I've decided that if I go back to school for a Master's it will probably be for Library and Information Science. That, or Clown School.

Das ist alles!